Today, all types of business, in one way or another, are connected to the Internet. Serious companies create their own website. First, visitors to the site look at its appearance. The specialist responsible for the design of websites, groups and pages in social networks is a web designer.
Web designer: job description
A web designer is a computer expert who specializes in the artistic design of splash pages, web applications, social networking groups and websites. He defines the visual space of Internet pages, designs them in a certain color scheme, and creates graphic elements.
When developing a website web designer:
Creates a layout of the future site
This template serves as the blueprint for constructing a visually pleasing design. The layout considers content, establishes the overall structure of the site and precisely identifies where all graphic elements will reside.
Determines the style of design of the site
After creating the layout, an expert proceeds to the development of a unique design (corporate identity) in accordance with requests and tastes of the client. Web designer picks up the color scheme, develops navigation, is engaged in the layout of the various graphic elements (buttons, menus and header, banners, logos, content blocks).
Creates interactive web applications, illustrates content, processes texts and images uploaded to the site
In addition to taking care of the appearance of the site, the designer checks the loading speed of the site. Any user, even seeing a beautiful web page, will not want to wait long for it to load and will leave the site. Therefore, the designer should cooperate with the layout designer, which connects all the elements of the design into a coherent whole.
A web designer should be prepared for the fact that the customer may not like individual design elements, or all the work done. In this case, you will have to move away from your own tastes and preferences, redo the design so that the client likes it.
Pros and cons of the profession
Pros of the profession of web designer
- the ability to work remotely, independent planning of their own time;
- high demand for the profession on the labor market (both among domestic employers and abroad);
- high wages;
- great opportunities for independent training and advanced training;
- the work is creative, interesting, not monotonous;
- a specialist can choose whether he/she wants to work in a group or individually.
Cons in the work of a web designer
- spending copious amounts of time sitting at a computer to complete work can be detrimental to your health, from back pain and eye strain to even altering an individual’s physique.
- as a web-designer, it can be hard to estimate how long an order will take. Despite any illness, negative emotions, family issues or other unexpected events that arise, the designer must always strive to meet their set timeline for completion.
- the employee has to deal with a wide range of clients, and some can be incredibly challenging to communicate with.
Are web designers in demand?
High pay and demand for these specialties in the labor market is related to the fact that society is increasingly moving into the sphere of virtual space, which is becoming a tool, a platform for doing business.
Numerous stores, studios, industrial companies, firms, restaurants and clubs – all need their own websites. Programmers are engaged in writing them, and web designers – in stylistic design. Therefore, it is obvious that the profession of web-designer will be relevant as long as there is an Internet.
Is a career as a web designer right for everyone?
To achieve success in any activity, it is necessary that the specialty corresponded to the personal and business qualities of the employee.
The specialty of web design requires from the candidate:
- the ability to think abstractly;
- a creative mindset;
- a broad outlook (in IT technology), the ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information;
- quick learning curve.
Web designers need to learn how to work with clients (understand what the customer wants and how it can be put into practice).
Despite the fact that the work is remote, you will have to constantly communicate with clients, so you need to learn how to find a common language with them in advance.
A career of web design is suitable for these people:
- Individuals who are neat, punctual, and attentive to detail. A graphic designer will have to plan their own schedule, pay attention to detail, and even conduct a mathematical analysis (at the stage of site layout).
- Creative people who prefer interesting, varied work.
- Individuals with a developed sense of taste, style, interested in fashion trends. A designer in any industry, including the web, must constantly follow fashion trends, keep up with the times.
How to become a web designer?
The chosen specialty requires the designer to have knowledge and skills with at least the following graphic programs:
- Adobe Photoshop;
- Adobe Illustrator;
- Adobe Flash;
- Corel Draw.
It is desirable that a specialist engaged in this industry knows how to draw, so it is an advantage to study at an art school or drawing online. In addition, the graphic designer needs a basic knowledge of programming and the ability to master the HTML language.
You can learn all this by getting a higher education in the specialty of web design. At the same time, it does not matter whether you will be trained full-time or part-time. However, to become a professional in this field, it is not necessary to get a higher education.
Now there are many courses, online schools, training centers that can give no less knowledge and practical skills, effectively preparing future professionals. Also, https://cheappaperwriting.com/cheap-essay-writing-service-usa provides an invaluable chance for web design students to receive assistance in crafting their essays. With this incredible opportunity, you can get the extra support needed to ace your coursework!
But to a large extent, the opportunity to become a professional in this industry depends on the student himself. He has a chance to become a sought-after designer only with constant practical work, self-improvement, self-study.
A web-designer career was and will be in demand. It is considered one of the fashionable specialties, requires skills, creativity and willingness to continuously self-improve. However, every effort made on this path will not pass without a trace, because the work performed by a web designer is among the highest paid today.